Friday, June 28, 2013
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
I know you're all thrilled to see the Summer Book Exchange again. It's that time between Christmases where you start to feel like you could really use a present. Well, you're in luck! Sign ups for the Third Annual Summer Book Exchange begin on May 21! Read on for the details:
The Rules of the Exchange:
First, here's a little refresher on how things will work: Each participant will link to at least one wishlist with a collection of titles they'd like to receive from their Santa. Names will be thrown in a virtual hat and drawn so that each person will have a Summer Santa who will give them a book, and a Summer Santee they will give to. Summer Santas will choose titles from their Santee's wishlist(s). We want to be clear: Everyone who signs up will both give and receive. Sounds like fun? Yeah, we thought so too.
Here are the rules:
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate. Everyone's welcome!
- International participants are welcome, too, anywhere that the Book Depository ships. Please be aware, when you sign up, that you may be assigned an international santee.
- You will need wishlist in order to participate. Where you keep your wishlist--on Goodreads, Amazon, or your blog--is up to you and you will be able to link to two wishlists in the form. If you need help setting up a wishlist, email me and we'll help you figure it out.
- PLEASE NOTE: Summer Santas (SSs--) will chose TWO books from your wishlist for a total of around $18-20. If you want one book for that price, it's up to you--let your SS know. Also remember that the Book Depository has free shipping. You should not be spending half of your $18-$20 on shipping. This was an issue during a previous exchange, and some people felt they didn't get a fair exchange.
- Pre-ordered items are acceptable ONLY if this is agreed upon by both parties.
- You may purchase your books from whatever source you choose, but please do not send used books. Ebooks must be okayed with the santee before purchasing.
- Once santas and santees are assigned, addresses will be exchanged between individuals. If you're not comfortable with this, please do not sign up.
- Sign ups begin on May 21, and end on June 21.
- After you send the books to your santee, you must fill out the tracking information form I will provide for you.
- To join the exchange, you must fill out THIS form. It is also included at the end of this post.
Still got questions? Remember, there's a special Ruby's Reads Book Exchanges email address now. And we have a twitter account. Make sure you follow us so you're up-to-date on all important SBE3.0 announcements! Our email and Twitter follow buttons are on the sidebar.
Sunday, March 31, 2013
Sorry, guys! I've been meaning to let you know that there won't be a Spring Book Exchange this year. I've been swamped with a special event I've been planning for the month of April for my own blog and I still don't have a partner that sticks. There will, however, be a Summer Book Exchange--and hopefully after that we'll be back on track. In the meantime, watch this space for the Summer sign ups!